Marcus Tullius Cicero
Tuesday Jan 5, 2021
Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.
Friday Apr 10, 2020
Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
- Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
- Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
- Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
- Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
- Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
- Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.
Wednesday Jan 24, 2018
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.
Tuesday Sep 12, 2017
The pursuit, even of the best things, ought to be calm and tranquil.
Wednesday Dec 18, 2013
A room without books is like a body without a soul.